Nerd World: Gaming in the Free World!

Well it's that time again, that's right the time i have homework and feel like procrastinating. So i figure I would make my next newest article, this time around its about free game I have recently found that are enjoyable.


First up is a new game out called Project Powder made by Outspark. This is a MMO that based purely on snowboarding. I know weird ehh but after playing it for a bit I started to remember the good old days of CoolBoarders. This game is what you would expect most boarding games to be. You start at the top of the hill and you try to be the first one to the bottom. On your way to the bottom you try and pull off as many tricks as you can to get more boost so you can fly by your enemies. There are tree main game modes race, battle, and coin race, and each of these game modes can be either played with a team or free for all. Race is what it seems to be no tricks just clean cut snowboarding, first person to the bottom wins, and if in team their whole team wins. Battle is similar to race in which you try to get yourself or a team member into first but this time you use random weapons to slow down your opponents.Be careful though because you can also hit you allies. The finally game type is based on coins the person with the most coins gets first. This game is still in the open beta so of course it comes with a few bugs, but the number of bugs was very few in the week that I have been playing it i have only seen one. There are some things I do not like about this game so here comes my criticism. I hate the fact that in teams your team can only win if one of your members gets to the bottom first, I think it should be an average of your team. I have never like that in these online games you have to use your gold and buy upgrades that are not permanent. Other than that I do like this game, if you decide to play look me up my user name is Caerus31. So I will give this game 9 thumbs up.


Thought this post was over ehh, well i got one more game for you to make up for missing a week or two of posting. This game is an online game called JamLegend. If you can not guess by the title it is a guitar hero type online game. As you play the songs they have up right now you gain experience based on how good you did. The list on the site is pretty good and it is bound to get better as the game gets older. Now to play the game I find the only way to really have fun with it is to dust of that old wired guitar for the 360 and plug it in map the keys to the keyboard and rock the night away, but for those that do not have one you can use your keyboard and map the beats to what ever would suit you. There is also a friend system in which you can duel your friend on any song currently online. The only real cons to this is that sometimes your browser will lag a little and cause some lag which screws you up. Other than that the game seems pretty cool and I hope that some of my favorite bands get onto the game. So like the last game if you do try it and think your gonna stick with it give me a friend invite, my user name is Caerus. So for this one ill give it 8 thumbs up.

~Yogo

0 comments:

Post a Comment